What is Assisted Living Like at Streamside?
Assisted living residences are also called residential care facilities, adult living facilities, personal care homes, catered living facilities, retirement homes, homes for the aged, or community residences. No matter what you call it, assisted living is a unique combination of residential housing, personalized services and health care.
Assisted living is designed to respond to the individual needs of senior adults who need help with activities in their daily life, but who do not need the in-depth medical care provided by a nursing home.
Our assisted living center in Nampa promotes maximum independence and dignity for each resident. Senior living centers encourage the involvement of a resident’s family, neighbors, and friends too.
At Streamside, it is important that our residents are receiving just that. We foster a community where care and communication are an integral part of the environment at Streamside Assisted Living.
Amenities and Admission
Streamside Assisted Living brings a unique senior living lifestyle to Nampa.
Here you can live in our beautiful scenic Idaho environment while receiving
all the personalized assistance you need to keep your independence.
There is always something happening at Streamside. Our activities director and staff will get to know the things that you like to do, and will help you take advantage of the many activities that we offer.
Every month Streamside Assisted Living develops a calendar of activities and events that are distributed to our residents and their families. There is also an activity room that can be used for individual projects or for a resident to invite guests for a private gathering. There is certainly plenty to do!
Arts and Crafts
How To Get Started With CareGiver
The following topics are commonly discussed during initial meetings.
- Specific physical needs of the care recipient with regards to bathing and grooming, dressing, meals and diet, mobility, and incontinence.
- Reviewing schedules involving sleep, eating and medicine. Specific emotional needs such as social interaction, activities, conversation, appointments, and companionship.
- Specific assistance with homemaking such as preparation of meals, groceries, linens, laundry, and light housekeeping.
- Logistics of schedules, access to the home, documentation, and the details of how to work with scheduling changes, the office or the caregivers.
Always There For Our Residents
Our staff includes certified nursing assistants, a licensed and registered nurse, and a state-licensed administrator.
- Activities program
- Medication Management
- Personal hygiene assistance
- Nursing involvement